Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

If I receive punishment of Article 15(Captains mast) after

intentionally failing a Pfa test...
If I receive punishment of Article 15(Captains mast) after intentionally failing a Pfa test in the us navy, will this lead to a dishonorable or OTH discharge?
11/16/2017
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

It is not possible to get a Dishonorable Discharge based on what you have described (a DD can only be awarded at a general court martial).

But it is possible for the Navy to process a Sailor for administrative separation based on misconduct...so in theory this could lead to an OTH

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Philip

Welcome. Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer