Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

What is the cost for petition for military retirement

Customer Question
What is the cost...

What is the cost for petition for military retirement benefits that was not awarded in a divorce that I am entitled to

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

He is retired

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was not awarded in my divorce decree but my lawyer left it open for me to go and get it at a later time he was active duty at the time and contesting the divorce because of this we where married 11 years at the time.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Sorry...I do not understand what you mean by

: it was not awarded in my divorce decree but my lawyer left it open for me to go and get it at a later time

What does that mean??

Does the decree of divorce specifically state this?

Consent order deferring divison of miltary pension to a court of appropriate jurisdiction. Is what the decree states. We married in Tennessee and divorced in Tennessee. He was actived duty military once living in TN

Thank you
Is he retired now?

Thank you

This service can not represent you...so we can not take the case. Did you have questions regarding the process needed to obtain an appropriate order?

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.