Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I found out that my father was discharged from navy do to…

Customer Question
Hi I found out...

Hi I found out that my father was discharged from navy do to his illness when he was stationed on ship but was fulfilled for land duty. They never gave him a chance for land transfer opting for discharge before his 20years(2 mo). He had illness while serving on ship that could had been healed if had hospitalization that never had. Was disemployed a family 2 small children and never had even unemployment to which was entitled. Later va gave him a 30%disability that remained throu life even tho it worst what can we do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

For the navy that all but there’s also negligence from va

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Hello what is not clear? My father was discharge from ship and navy saying he was not suitable for service, instead he was suitable for land duty. He was never treated in any hospital for his illness that could had been taken care

I understand...that information...but I do not see a clear question other than "what can we do"...are you asking if he can demand that the Navy take him back? What is it you are trying to accomplish?