Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My husband has joint legal and physical custody of his

Customer Question
Hello, my husband has...

Hello, my husband has joint legal and physical custody of his daughters. We recently found out their step-Dad has orders to Hawaii. We believe he did not tell his detailer that his wife has joint custody with my husband. At the moment is looking into what the navy can do to keep all our families together. Is it possible to keep our daughters here in California since we do have joint custody?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

My husbands chain of command wants to support him. They are looking to contact the detailer to see what they can no. My step-daughters have been acting out recently, while my husband has been away for training and have been with their mom full time. We’ve notice the change in my step-daughters around the time they found out about the orders. Now they are making comments to us on what their mom is telling them in order for them to want to go to Hawaii. We are very concerned

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Our oldest has been acting out in school extremely and she has told the school counselor it’s because she thinks it will bring her Dad home sooner from training. So we are very worried about them taking her to Hawaii.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
11/16/2017
Military Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,