Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

IF MY X HUSBAND DIES WILL I STILL RECIEVE HIS PENSION ORDER

Customer Question
IF MY X HUSBAND DIES...
IF MY X HUSBAND DIES WILL I STILL RECIEVE HIS PENSION ORDER BY DIVORCE JUDGE 47% AS BEING HIS 1ST WIFE.HE SERVED IN THE US ARMY.
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: NO.
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: HE HAS ANOTHER WIFE
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Military Law
11/15/2017
Military Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 29 days ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am an attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Military Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 29 days ago

Are you referring to his military pension, a private pension, or both?

Military Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 29 days ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered.
It's free of charge to respond to any questions I may ask you, think of this more as a back and forth conversation.
Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer