Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Military retired pay dispursment law. I'm a retired Disabled

Customer Question
military retired pay dispursment law JA...
military retired pay dispursment law
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: I'm a retired Disabled Marine, I found out after the fact my case was mishandled by my lawyer. In North Carolina
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: My ex is trying to modify the order, does this open the door for me to modify and reduce percentage she was awarded
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Military Law
11/14/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 month ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well I was divorced 2015, property settlement was completed shortly after. The my ex wife is receiving 24 percent of my retirement that includes the SBP. She is now wanting to modify by giving up the SBP. I had given my lawyer financial statements that he never even looked at. During this modify hearing can I submit evidence to reduce her percentage? I have custody of our two boys and ended up taking all the bills due to her not wanting to work.
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer