Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

How can I find out the type of discharge I received from the…

Customer Question
How can I find out...
How can I find out the type of discharge I received from the Army? Was discharged back in 1981 and if I remember correctly it was a Chapter 9 ... General Discharge just would like to know for sure. Was young and was so many years ago I just can't remember. Would also like to know if I qualify for any benefits.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Military Law
11/13/2017
Military Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Thank you for your service.

A vet can access their military records here, including information on types of discharge, and dates. Please fill out DD-214 and submit it online or via the mail.

The requested information should be sent within 90 days.

Thank you and good luck to you!

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: