Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I want to know if I can receive a GOMOR and an article 15.

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know if I can receive a GOMOR and an article 15

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Overseas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I have a TDS attorney from my GOMOR but he is in Italy for a case. My GOMOR was filed locally dated on November 7th and I was read my article 15 by the BC yesterday

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Military Law
11/11/2017
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Yes, you can. They are not mutually exclusive punishments. The only thing that I have seen where a court said you couldn't do both is in the punishment phase, where a court said that you couldn't receive the "reprimand" punishment in the Article 15, because you'd already received it through the GOMAR.

Otherwise, it is completely legal.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.