Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I want to know where are the regulation are concerning, when…

Customer Question
I want to know where...
I want to know where are the regulation are concerning, when you train as a team for the military phrases like, "Their is no I in team" the when the person messed up or an officer blames an enlisted for their goof it becomes an individual concern. The Service wants you to take responsibility for your own actions not as a team. My branch of service was the Army,
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
Not just that when your in and when a issue becomes a big issue and is corrected accross the board. Why is that not something that the legal side of the defense keep on hand. I ask because this Berghdyl guy got a POW medal and this Marine drill instructor was good a instructed and only when one of his recruits died their are giving him confinement time. Does a legal team use other instances in the legal system of other cases that have happened like in the civilian world to win cases.
11/10/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

How is its that the military gets away with training people as a team and they want you too, then turn around and if you get into trouble the military wants you to take personnel responsiblity. Lets say or let me rephrase the question if a person refused to work as a team member becuase they knew that individually they would be tried if someone in their chain of command messed up with any indivudual goof up, like a wreaked vehicle the TC gets blamed. Would that be something for the militray to allow if the service member knew that they wanted to take personnel responsiblity for their own actions without having a team they worked with just for that fact.
where in regulations does it say that training as a team has nothing to do with individual responsibility.
or vise versa?

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is an additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

I dont want to talk because i get angry and aggrivates me PTSD. The less interaction better, i feel safer.

No worries...I will opt out...perhaps someone else will be willing to type back and forth with you. I wish you the best

I'm not trying to type back and fourth, I want to see in the regulations about where in their its say train as a team take indivudal responsibility when you mess up and how they integrate with each other. What regualtions???
This isn't that difficult of a question Mr. Simmons, less Say it is Army Command policy 350-30 even though trainings as a team it says that individual will ultimately be subjected to the Army as a whole with my ARs and Fms for indivudula actions.
both integrate with each other and both dont, it takes individual responsibility to train as a team and intergrate in the platoon. Then if an officer messes up, can fall through the chain of command can blame the Enlisted. Both in some way should show in regulation what is individual and what is as a team.???
the chain of command will say, 'Hey your all not individuals your a team" is acutally a false statement. Be like, um well Sergeant Major that isn't true.