Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

How can I get a dishonorable discharge changed to a general…

Customer Question
How can I get...

How can I get a dishonorable discharge changed to a general discharge?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Staeside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just want to know if it's worth the trouble.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 3 days by:
11/13/2017
Military Lawyer: Amadeo Rivera,
 replied 5 months ago
Amadeo Rivera

Good Morning. My name is Marcelo. I have been practicing for 17 years and am an honorably discharged veteran of the Unites States Army Reserve.

I have given you a link below to an article that will provide you with some more information. There are a few questions I have to ask before I can give you an answer however. First, is how long ago was your discharge, and second, was it the result of a General Court Martial?

If you can answer these questions for me, I will try to give you some more information.

http://www.dd214.us/reference/DischargeUpgrade_Memo.pdf

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer