Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My son was told that he was to be medical discharged from…

Customer Question
My son was told...

My son was told that he was to be medical discharged from MCRD in San Diego. He sustained injuries to both his hips. They were stress fractures in both. At first they sent him MRP to heal for just a total of 12 weeks. However after a time of 8 weeks to had him exercising and either jogging or running. At his time was up (12 weeks) they sent him back to continue his final month of full training. Well in a short time he had problems again, that's when they told him he wiould be medically discharged. First I have researched the healing process for stress fractures of the hip and it takes 6 months not 12 shorten weeks. Second what are his options in fighting this discharge;should this not be successful what rights does he have to obtain medical care and compensation. He was injured there, he entered without any preexisting conditions.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

I am here in Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No, I am his father they restrict us from communicating for any length of time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know this all new to me?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Military Law
11/7/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 9 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Where are they at in the medical separation process? Do you know? Have they convened a meb (medical evaluation board)? If so, how long ago?

They have not done a MEB
The Marines limit my conversation with him.

Thank you
So is that on the horizon?

That is, is there a MEB planned ?

I believe so

thank you.

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

It looks like your payment failed. You can contact customer service and they can fix it.

this is very clumsy. Can't you call Ill send you the money.(###) ###-####

I am truly sorry for the fact the website is clumsy. It is not my site...I am a user like you. But I know they can fix it if you contact customer service.

This is a rip off I am sorry I tried it.

I am sorry you are upset. But it is NOT a ripoff...I have worked on here for 10 years...

I can assure you that it is not a ripoff. Clumsy design? I will not argue that...but not a ripoff...

Then call I assure you I'll send the 5 dollars

SOrry...that would violate the terms of service of this website...and I am unwilling to do that (I enjoy working on this website).

But if you contact customer service, they can resolve this...and I would be happy to chat with you once that happens.

phil

No I'll take my 35 dollar loss. I am desperate to help my son . To you and this site it's just as business.

Not sure why you are referring to it as a loss...the same customer service that can fix the problem with your payment can refund any money you paid...but your call. It is business to me...I work on here to earn money for my family...but I am happy to help if you need.

Don't contact me anymore

I wish you the best