Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I was arrested for a DUI on a Air Force base in Arizona. The…

I was arrested for...

I was arrested for a DUI on a Air Force base in Arizona. The Security Forces "Police" were on scene when I came home; they were called by my wife. I left home after an argument. I presume they told her to tell me to come home after. They breathalysed my and I blew a .074. I was released to my first sergeant. Now knowing I had been drinking and telling my wife to tell me to come home isn't that entrapment?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Yes I am talking with my area defense council but I want to do my own research also they issued a no contact order with my wife and it has been over three weeks since the incident no report has been submitted and I want to know what my options are

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That the police waited 4 days to get finger prints and DNA

11/5/2017
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What is going on regarding this? Are you going to Art 15? Or a court martial?

Thats the thing they haven't told me what the punishment is. It's been three weeks 21 days since and no final report has been submitted. I want to know if with what I've told you they even have a case and how long can a commander keep a no contact order going when both me and my wife want to be together and work things out

Aside from the no contact order, is there any other sanction yet (like, for example, do they have you on "restriction")?

I'm not allowed to drive on base

Thanks

Is your freedom otherwise restricted (for example, is there an order preventing you from leaving the base)?

no I'm allowed off base. Crashing with a friend considering they won't let me go home because of the no contact order. My BAH is what is paying the rent for our house on base

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
ok you can call the number I've sent

Sorry...I can not see your #...but please call mine...