Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My son was separated at navy boot camp for an anxiety attack…

My son was separated...

My son was separated at navy boot camp for an anxiety attack 5th week. He sating they are telling him he wull be getting a r2 what are his options?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No not yet. I did talk to his recuiter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He seems calm and stated they said he could try again in six monthes. This was his dream. He was slated for nuclear engineering school and gave up a collage scholarship for the navy

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/21/2017
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. It's very hard for us to answer a question like "what are my options" and provide you with helpful information. I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Are they telling him the truth about trting again? Hes had no history of anxiety in the pasr

Thanks

No...that is NOT true. If he is separated for a mental health disorder? It is highly unlikely he will be able to reenter.

The reason for this is that he would require a "waiver" to reenter.
The largest problem you face is the poor economy. The poor economy has caused a flock of people turning to the military for jobs. Despite the war recruiting is way up in all branches. The need for the services to grant waivers has decreased. For example the Marines recently decreased their maximum age for enlistment. Its tough today to get a waiver.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

They say they are separating him for medical..does that make a differance?

That is my point...if he is separated for medical he will require a waiver to reenter.

And waivers are tough to get today.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer