Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Will a general discharge affect job opportunities in my

Second opinion] Will a general...
Second opinion] Will a general discharge affect job opportunities in my future, say if I wanted to be a counselor or psychologist?
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: I will be stateside in November 2017.
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: In the beginning, but I will be bringing it up again next year because I am pretty desperate to get off submarines.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just an answer to my first question.
10/7/2017
rayanswers
rayanswers, Military Law Answer Team

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Okay thank you
I'm just looking for a professional opinion so I will be awaiting a response. Hope to hear back soon on your opinion.

No effect here since it is a general discharge and there is mental health or criminal issues involved.Your state licensing board is only concerned with these kinds of back ground checks.I see nothing that will be a problem here, general discharge will not hurt you looking for a job.Employers don't care about your military background as far as discharge if it was general that ends there.They will be focusing on your education and skill set and qualifications professionally for the job.I see no issues here that will give you problems with a general discharge.

I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you the best.

Thanks for ratign 5 stars.

Let me know if you have more,thanks again.

rayanswers
rayanswers, Military Law Answer Team
rayanswers
rayanswers
rayanswers, Military Law Answer Team