Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

If the military retired me erroneously while in a line of…

Customer Question
If the military retired...

If the military retired me erroneously while in a line of duty status for injuries, does constructive service apply if no benefits were paid in the LOD status?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Yes.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 10 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Some context may help...what is going on?

I was released from active duty and placed in the Line of Duty program 14 months later. Before I was able to get incapacitation pay, the service retired me. There was no medical evaluation board board at the six month period nor pay.

Thank you

So you were a reservist? On active duty

And retired how? Medically? For years?

Reservist released from active duty. Retired 22 years. No medical retirement. I refused to sign the DD214 because I disagreed.

Ok...I am still unclear on this...Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal additional charge ($5). I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

I'm unwilling to speak on the phone. Could you get someone else to assist?

I will opt out...perhaps someone else will spend time with you. That I have no control over.

I wish you the best