Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I'm receiving a chapter 14-12c for a serious offense? What…

Customer Question
I'm receiving a chapter...

I'm receiving a chapter 14-12c for a serious offense? What are the possibilities of me trying to stay in? If not possible will my civil***** *****fe be as hard as they make it seem, as far as getting a decent job?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside. I'm still in training..

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Just my platoon sergeant. They enrolled me in ASAP classes..

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It's two FG articles and I want to stay in..

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Military Law
10/4/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are the seeking to give you an "other than honorable" discharge? Or a "general" discharge?

I don't want to get discharged at all..I want to stay in and continue this as a career..
Do I have any options as far as staying?

SOrry...I asked question...did you not see it?

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer