Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Well, I just sent 6000 dollars to request my fiancé leave is…

Customer Question
Well, I just sent...

Well, I just sent 6000 dollars to request my fiancé leave is it possible for a soldier leave.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Yes, he is in deploy in Kabul, Afghanistan.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No one else just with him and***@******.***

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know I could afford the lawyer, my question is should I believe these ppl in military. I just disappoint about toes scam. Nbase upon US army name.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Military Law
10/3/2017
Military Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good evening. Unfortunately, I have to tell you that this would not be a legitimate cost and you are simply being scammed out of your money. There is no legal requirement to pay $6,000 for leave and this person is simply committing fraud. Please don't send any more money as it will simply be lost. Here is a link to one of many articles alerting people to these scams to confirm to you the information I'm giving you: http://www.military.com/spouse/relationships/can-you-spot-the-scammer.html

This is the part of my job I don't like...when I can respond with an answer in favor of my customer. But, I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you. ………..I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Just following up. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. If , however, you did receive it and would like me to simply opt out so another expert can hopefully provide you an answer that is more to your liking, just let me know and I'll be happy to do so. Thank you!

Richard, Attorney