Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am aware of military Field grade officer whose TDA

Customer Question
I am aware of...

I am aware of military Field grade officer whose TDA position is that of operations officer has been informing personnel subordinate to him and others around the installation that he is the Installation Provost Marshal as well as the Deputy Director of the Directorate of Emergency services which has a vacant civilian Deputy Director position. The TDA assigns the LTC as the Director and Provost Marshal. I feel that this major is presenting himself falsely as well as presenting himself with unauthorized authority. Please tell me what recourses are available to me to stop this fraudulent and criminal behavior as well as references.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Yes and they continue to overlook this issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Military Law
10/2/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. That is, you state this is criminal behavior...then ask for proof of it...

Frankly, I am not convinced it is a crime...why do you believe it is a crime?

since you are not convinced it is a crime, I will assume that any active duty officer could be placed in a position without authority and then self promote his or her authority.
No reason to reply, It seems you condone conduct unbecoming.

No...that is not accurate (that is, it is not accurate that any officer can "self promote"). My point was that the information you provided in your original question did not, clearly, state a crime. But you indicated it was criminal...I was simply trying to find out what you believed was criminal...perhaps there is information that relates that was not provided in your original message.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer