Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My wife is having an affair with someone in her unit how can…

Customer Question
My wife is having...

My wife is having an affair with someone in her unit how can I start an investigation into the matter with the army

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No just found out

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She had numerous affairs 4 yrs ago so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Military Law
10/1/2017
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

All you can do is report these facts to command or to investigative body for your branch of service, which you can find by calling the JAG office.

Ultimately though, only command decides if any action is going to be taken against her.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.