Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I have been married 37 yrs caring for my 100% disabled

Customer Question
I have been married...

I have been married 37 yrs caring for my 100% disabled husband a(nursing home) and Autistic son 29 yrsmold. I get served divorce papers he's in love with a nurse. Do I have any rights for support for my son and I .

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Our family home is in AZ for 40 years 4 years ago when Phoenix VA crashed we all choose to take him to Michigan by family to a nursing home because the VA wasn't giving hm the treatment he needed. He sent the papers from Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know Im in shock

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
9/28/2017
Military Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Michael Bradley

potentially you have right to child and spousal support

assuming your son is still dependent on you yes you can get child support

depending on his income you may be able to get support as well

if he is not of sound mind then he may not be able to file for divorce

I would consult a local attorney who does family law

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer