Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am in E6 23 year letter 29 years reserves 28 months active…

Customer Question
Good day. I am...

Good day. I am in E6 23 year letter 29 years reserves 28 months active duty in Iraq hazard zone combat. LOD's for TBI PTSD right shoulder knees feet bilateral. I am still under contract for the USAR. I have cognitive issues and short-term memory issues due to experiencing multiple IEDs in Iraq in 2005. PTSD primary reason for termination from employment last October was the last day I worked termination February 24, 2017 from University operating room University of Pennsylvania. I'm living in a transitional home I feel comfortable here because my PTSD is not getting better it is getting worse. Hospitalized four times because of PTSD and the Army is discharging me. I am in the MEB process. I am 55 years old. Question should I pursue an army pension are disability pension what would be my greater financial gain.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in New Jersey in a transitional home. VET haven. but my drivers license is Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Tomorrow I have an appointment with a jack officer on the phone at 11 o'clock. The reason why I'm here is I'm trying to gather information to make the correct decision or insist on what I want if possible. But know not about this particular subject

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am utilizing a program to help me speak or to communicate to you by this text I'm seriously contemplate compared I lost the ability to type and write after 2005 and I'm visually impaired. You can look at it this way, tough guy aren't very stupid because I did not seek medical help sooner

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
Initially the reserves Is discharging me because of memory loss TBI PTSDAnd suicidal lations I am long term disability presently that will be over 2018 June
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/29/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question.

What do you mean by

should I pursue an army pension are disability pension what would be my greater financial gain.

Sorry I just got to my computer. The question is should I pursue a regular pension were I would be taxed receive tri-care as my insurance. Or stay on track for a medical discharge where I would have to use the VA as my primary care. There are financial differences my question is what is the best choice financially and also meaning independence without becoming a constant patient at the VA

Hey...it looks like payment failed. Customer service at 1(###) ###-####

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer