Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I have requested 6 months AAs in the Navy Reserves as I was…

Customer Question
I have requested 6...

I have requested 6 months AAs in the Navy Reserves as I was in a work situation that required this. I have repeatedly asked and now am getting counseled by for not performing my drills. What can I do as I feel like they didnt give me 6 month AAs and are trying to screw me. I would like to fight this but my CO knows the system well and can actively try to hurt me. Do I have any defense here?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Yes, I have talked to my XO multiple times.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That I just want to take my 6 months AAs or go IRR but have just received a LOI counseling and feel I have my hands tied.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/28/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What does "??" mean?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer