Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I don't even know how to say this or what there is I can do.

Customer Question
Hello. I don't even...

Hello. I don't even know how to say this or what there is I can do. Someone in the military came to my state for an exercise. I found out that I'm pregnant and that he is married. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No. I don't know who I can talk to. He lives in a different state.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's it. Thanks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
9/21/2017
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

You can demand a paternity test to have him named as the parent. You can report the behavior to the military base, because he committed a crime as far as the military is concerned. Now, you'd have no real control over what the command chose to do with that information. They might not choose to act, but you can certainly report it.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer