Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I was discharged from the usmc in 2010 I was in reserves and…

Customer Question
I was discharged from...

I was discharged from the usmc in 2010 I was in reserves and failed urinalysis however I spoke to an army recruiter who said I was waiver qualified how do I find out now

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Live in DC

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I asked for a review board but was never given one

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/21/2017
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

You would have to speak to a recruiter and ask if they'd process a waiver. That being said, with a failed UA you should have gotten an RE-4 code on your DD Form 214. If you did, that is not waiverable and I don't know what the recruiter is talking about.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.