Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Just a quick question. My fiance has a re enlistment code of

Hi there! Just a quick...
Hi there! Just a quick question. My fiance has a re enlistment code of RE-04 from the marines. His current recruiter is trying to recruit him to join the army reserves. I'm curious if that is even a possibility after recieving a re enlistment code that pretty much state's he can never get back in.
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope that's it
9/20/2017
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

With an RE-4, not it wouldn't be practical that he'd be able to join any branch of service for any sort of service.

The only way this would be possible is if the specific basis for his separation from the Marines would not have been given an RE code 4 for the other branch. They can then apply their own code.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

His specific basis for seperation was substance abuse. Does that still qualify as a RE code 4 for the army?

Yes, that would be an RE 4 for any branch.

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer