How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19305
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just a quick question. My fiance has a re enlistment code of

This answer was rated:

Hi there! Just a quick question. My fiance has a re enlistment code of RE-04 from the marines. His current recruiter is trying to recruit him to join the army reserves. I'm curious if that is even a possibility after recieving a re enlistment code that pretty much state's he can never get back in.
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope that's it

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

With an RE-4, not it wouldn't be practical that he'd be able to join any branch of service for any sort of service.

The only way this would be possible is if the specific basis for his separation from the Marines would not have been given an RE code 4 for the other branch. They can then apply their own code.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
His specific basis for seperation was substance abuse. Does that still qualify as a RE code 4 for the army?

Yes, that would be an RE 4 for any branch.

Allen M., Esq. and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you