Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am getting chapter 13 in the AIT for Unsatisfactoy

Customer Question
performance. I am in the...
I am getting chapter 13 in the AIT for Unsatisfactoy performance. I am in the army for 190 days. ( Had injury so they held me in AIT for 3 month)
I am an active duty and they told me I am getting general discharge.
What benefit do I get?
Can I get the insurance for my injury?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Military Law
9/20/2017
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

If you were injured on active duty then you can seek VA medical treatment for the injury. You don't get insurance that you can use anywhere though. You have to go through the VA system to obtain treatment.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.