Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am my friend were pulled over for a dui. He was driving…

Customer Question
I am my friend...

I am my friend were pulled over for a dui. He was driving and I was the passenger. Both somewhat intoxicated. What can I get charged for under the ucmj?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed?

A police report was made. He was arrested. They took down my information and released me to call for a ride. I wasn't punished at all on the civilian side.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

That was the first thing I did the next day. I told them exactly what happened. Security then pulled me in to make a statement where continued to tell them everything that happened.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are both E-3

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
9/16/2017
Military Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Michael Bradley
How old are you?
23
Where you cited for anything?
No the cops let me go
At this point with you not being publicly charged with anything with regards ***** ***** incident, from a legal standpoint that part is closed. However, I do think that your Superior will give you some sort of informal punishment for what occurred. I do not see this becoming a mark on your military record. You may have to do some extra cleaning or exercise but do not see it becoming anything more than that as you were of legal drinking age and were not charged

can I still help?

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer