Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Marsha My son is 18 and enlisted in the Navy as a DEP. while…

Customer Question
Hi Marsha My son is 18...
Hi Marsha
My son is 18 and enlisted in the Navy as a DEP. while in boot camp, he injured his back, though the Meds didn't find anything wrong. He was on light duty for a week or so, but was recently washed out and notified by legal he was being sent home as an RE4. Is there anything he can do to change this discharge code?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
9/16/2017
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question and I am sorry to read about your son's situation. The answer to your question really depends on what the specific reason for the RE 4 code is. Can you tell me what the separation code (3 letters) and narrative reason for discharge on his DD-214 says?

I will be away from my computer for most of the morning, but will respond again as soon as I am available.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer