Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I got pregnant last year in september i found out my

Customer Question
I got pregnant last...

I got pregnant last year in september i found out my daughter was going to have down syndrome and i continued with my pregnancy we also found out my daughter was going to have a heart condition we were sure if she was gonna need surgery yet or anything my husband reenlisted into the military for the insurance for my daughter. I have suffered from depression for sometime now and i think it's worsened since he's reenlisted. I had my daughter in june 2017 and since the my depression has worsened i'm taking care of my child alone 24/7 because my husband works 5am to whenever the army decides to let him come home these last weeks he's been coming home by 7 and i just can't do it anymore raising my daughter on my own is tough my family is back in california and we're stationed in colorado i need his help i need the help as i was wondering how my husband can get out of the army.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I'm not in the military my husband is

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He just reenlisted in may 2017 we're starting to have financial problems we just bought a house and a car because we only had 1 for him to go to work and i needed one because my daughter constantly had dr appointments due to her down syndrome and heart condition

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
9/16/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Has your spouse applied for a hardship discharge? Or are you asking the process to do so?

Hey, I have to step away from the office for approx 20 mins...I will follow up with your response when I return

Follow up...are you still looking for an answer? If so, can you respond to my question?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer