Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I have a unusual question, I am using my GI Bill to go to

school. The military says it's...
I have a unusual question, I am using my GI Bill to go to school. The military says it's worth 60,000 dollars if is worht that much can I sell it to anyone.
Then at times I am going to school, I don't have a vehicle right now. Why isn't this considered a guaranteed form of income when I tried to Finance a vehicle.
For the Basic Allowance housing
I asked some dealership around my area I live in Ohio hillbilly town and they just laugh like I need to be holding up giant haystack on my back. The local fire department that I used to work for talked about haystack rolling competitions. Are dealerships more inclined to sell me a car in a more military inclined state then here.
9/14/2017
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Can I get a vehicle with my Basic Allowance Housing from a dealership. Isn't that considered a steady income. Some places wanted to see more while I am attending school. Like having a steady job, along with school. Which right now I'm just do it school.

Thanks

That is up to the dealership/lender. That is, there is no law that requires a lender to consider the income you receive as "income" to qualify for a loan. Some lenders may consider this income...some may not.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Ok great

Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer