How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rayanswers Your Own Question
rayanswers, Military Law Answer Team
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 42869
Experience:  Military Law Expert
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
rayanswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been married for 44 years to a now retired military

Customer Question

I have been married for 44 years to a now retired military spouse. 5 of those years were with the air force and 15 with the public health service. Two questions: He has left as of 3 months ago with another woman and is not returning to me. Will I keep my military Tricare for life insurance? also is there a way that I am eligible for part of his military retirement. Thanks you for your time
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: we are retired so I have no idea no idea whom to contact
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  rayanswers replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  rayanswers replied 1 month ago.

What state are you in here?

Expert:  rayanswers replied 1 month ago.

Yes you would be due half his retirement and yes you can keep your Tricare here.

After your divorce is final, your spouse can disenroll you from DEERS, which will terminate your Tricare eligibility. You may qualify to continue your Tricare coverage if you were married to your military spouse for at least 20 years, and at least 20 of those years were during your spouse's military service.

Can My Spouse Cancel My Tricare Benefits if We are Going Through a ...

If you give me your state I can get you lawyer referral.You likely get half his retirement in a divorce. The sooner you file the sooner you get paid.

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.