P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

My son is getting a separation from the army. He got

Customer Question

my son is getting a separation from the army. He got switched at the end of his basic training to another company and restarted. I was told that he was 'overwhelmed' and made some remarks to others. then three weeks before his graduation (tonight) i got confirmation from his sgt that he is coming home because he made remarks to some of the soldiers that could be taken as threatening. he said it won't be dishonorable and that he was being bullied. But instead of going to him, he made comments instead. Even if it is an ELS, can they make it dishonorable or are all els's neutral.
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside. he's in SC.
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: yes. tonight. he called to tell me his coming home. I've looked up ELS but I'm interpretting from what I read that they can attach a reason to it. Do they do that or are they all failure to adapt.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Sorry...does "who" attach a reason? The Army? Or someone else?