Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I have accepted a tentative position in Germany and have…

Customer Question
I have accepted a...

I have accepted a tentative position in Germany and have been subsequently denied LQA/TQSA stating "ineligible IAW AER 690-500.590 does meet the grade restrictions as a GS-08" despite the regulation also stating that "Grade restrictions do not apply to applicants selected for hard-to-fill positions or career program positions (AR 690-950 or appropriate agency career program guidelines) below the GS-09 (or equivalent) level." The position I accepted list in the job announcement that it is a Career Program (CP) - 51 position.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

I am currently stateside, have been since 2015

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

The lady at HR, who I assume forwarded the denial states verbatim "Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this, no one else can address
this issue since it is a policy change and only Europe and Department of
Army. "

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing as of yet

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

sorry. I feel that I was incorrectly denied. Seeing as their justification is for non CP positions. I have been told by HR there is nothing I can do. Where do I start in order to fight this?

This appears to be discretionary...that is, I understand that there is language in the regulation that allows the military to waive this issue...but it seems that they are not willing to do so, is that your take?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer