Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney and former Navy JAG serving ashore, afloat and at the OJAG
19127644

I have a jda1 and re3p re enlistment code and I want to re

Hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a jda1 and re3p re enlistment code and I want to re enlist in the marine corps
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: This discharge took place in 2011 whole I was in recruit training Paris island I got an entry level separation due go chronic ear infections
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
While going through the process the ent specialist found scar tissue in my ears asked what that was from and I said I had tubes when I was little then they said I hid it from meps but that wasn't the case it had been a decade since my last ear infection I didn't think it was anything I was 8 I don't even remember that far back but they determined me a fraudulent enlistment into the marine corps

Thank you for the information and your question. As it stands now, with the JDA1 separation code, you would not be eligible for re-enlistment. That is because it is a "fraudulent enlistment" code. The RE 3P code could, potentially, be waived if the condition you had was no longer found to be an issue. However, the JDA1 cannot be waived. That is a complete bar to re-enlistment.

If you want to try, you can file a petition with the Board for Correction of Naval Records and see if they will change your codes. However, you will have to prove that the codes were awarded in "error" or as an "injustice." Normally though, if you didn't provide the information on your medical forms about the previous surgery and ear issues, that would be enough for a fraudulent enlistment finding.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box on this page of my efforts to provide you with the information you asked for, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the only possible avenue would be to go the board for corrections of naval records but even that would be more than likely no be successful?

That is, unfortunately, correct. But, it doesn't cost anything but your time to try. Here is a link to the Board webpage: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/mra/bcnr/Pages/home.aspx

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay Thanks I have some more questions. Prior to this conversation I had the understanding that the Re-3P code was going to be my issue but it appears it's the JDA1 code that is what's stopping me from service. Correct?

Yes, the JDA1 is the bar. The Re code would need a waiver, so it isn't a non-issue, but it isn't a bar to re-enlistment. Waivers though, right now, are hard to come by since there have been personnel cutbacks over the last few years, so less enlistees are needed. That means Services can be more selective and thus, waivers are hard to get.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is that bar of re-enlistment specifically for the Marine Corps or any branch of U.S. Military to include National guard and reservists?

Any branch of the Service. I will be logging off in 5 minutes as I have to take care of some Irma related issues with my car. But, if you have further follow up questions, I will get back to you first thing in the morning.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think I have all I need thank you for your time.

You're very welcome.