Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am trying to declair a hardship to not attend or remain in…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to declair a hardship to not attend or remain in the national guard. i have previously served my country 8 years but after IRR did a one year contract. so less than a year with my school and personal living involved with the added responsibilities of the guard i do not wish to remain in. my sgt. told me there is no way he is letting me resign but it is indeed a hardship and hinders my success with school i am about to finish and possible career. even before my drill i was told by the same sgt to come up with my own equipment/uniform because i am a sgt and they can take care of me later but given my current status i can afford said material. i have yet to be issued anything. i already served my time as well. during my irr i was homeless right before signing up the one year.. i was hungry and was not fully thinking but my career and school are my concern of this matter

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I made contact with my sgt. i am about to call. i texted him the info i did not want to be in because of a hardship and he replied there is no way he is letting me resign. i will call after this discussion i had a test in school in which case is why i have talked yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just dont know what to do or so. on my initial contract it was very difficult to attend the drills, etc but i did and fully fulfilled my contract.. now i have my career and school added to it all. with little help from my nco the hardship is hindering and will hinder my success with school. i just do not know what to do.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Military Law
9/12/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?