Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I just have a question regarding RFC as a regular recruiter…

Hi! I just have...

Hi! I just have a question regarding RFC as a regular recruiter at 32 months of recruiting duty service, not a career recruiter. Does RFC affect ability to reenlist?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Or does it "ruin" the career as it's believed? Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it.

9/12/2017
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Acronyms are tough...the military is full of em...but not everyone knows what they all mean. Can you provide a definition for the acronym? Relief For Cause??

relief for cause
I wasn't upfront about a statement I made while I was in charge of a recruiting sub station.
I could've argued it, but I decided to just let it go. I've had time to redeem myself in my new position, and my relationship with my command is in good terms.

The RFC, in and of itself, will not prevent reenlistment. But it can be a factor. Specifically, in order to reenlist, a soldier must apply, for reenlistment, through their chain of command. And the commanders endorsement on this request will have a great deal of impact on if the request is approved.

IF your command supports the request to reenlist, in most cases it will be granted. On the other hand, if the command recommends against retention? It is a good bet that the request will be denied.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

they've told me they will endorse the reenlistment. They have asked me to extend in my current job as they are pleased with what I am doing in my new position.

In that case, I expect you will be approved.

The command endorsement is a big factor in reenlisting, correct?

It is the primary factor considered by the approval authority. So yes...it is a big factor.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Okay thank you! I should be good then.

Welcome. Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil