P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I have a question, Overseas, Chain of command talked to me,

I have a question
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Overseas
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: Chain of command talked to me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: N9

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

And your question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am an active army officer and I received a notice from my commander that I was caught on video for shoplifting couple of days ago. CID is under investigation. What should I do? What will happen? And why are the CID not contacting me when they already have proof

You mention officer...are you a commissioned officer? Warrant Officer? Staff Non Commissioned Officer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Commissioned officer

Thanks
You are asking a rather loaded question...what should you do? Well...that depends on MANY factors.

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got into a car accident after taking Lunesta last week and then shoplifting. I think I did it after taking lunesta

Again, can you speak on the phone?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can

I sent the offer for a phone call...it should show $5 additional. Can you see it?

Thank you for using the phone option. Please give a call (or let me know if you can not see my #)