Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I have a question, Overseas, Chain of command talked to me,

I have a question ...

I have a question

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Overseas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Chain of command talked to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

N9

9/12/2017
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

And your question?

I am an active army officer and I received a notice from my commander that I was caught on video for shoplifting couple of days ago. CID is under investigation. What should I do? What will happen? And why are the CID not contacting me when they already have proof

You mention officer...are you a commissioned officer? Warrant Officer? Staff Non Commissioned Officer?

Commissioned officer

Thanks
You are asking a rather loaded question...what should you do? Well...that depends on MANY factors.

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

I got into a car accident after taking Lunesta last week and then shoplifting. I think I did it after taking lunesta

Again, can you speak on the phone?

I can

I sent the offer for a phone call...it should show $5 additional. Can you see it?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Thank you for using the phone option. Please give a call (or let me know if you can not see my #)