Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

If i get a chapter 9 seperation with only 2 years in

Customer Question
If i get a...

If i get a chapter 9 seperation with only 2 years in service, what are my benefits

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Not yet but I was told it'll happen and most likely honorable

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
9/12/2017
Military Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience, including experience with the DoD. I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

What benefits you are entitled to will depend entirely on the character of your discharge. Under a chapter 9 the discharge will normally be either an Honorable or a General, Under Honorable Conditions Discharge Certificate.

This chart shows which benefits you are entitled to based on the nature of your discharge:

http://www.mcasiwakuni.marines.mil/Portals/112/Docs/sja/discharge%20list.pdf

The length of service is NOT a factor. So if you get the Honorable Discharge you will be OKAY.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer