Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I'm a civilian I've been married for 22 years my wife is a…

Customer Question
I'm a civilian I've been...
I'm a civilian I've been married for 22 years my wife is a nurse. She had a patient that was in the hospital she took care of him and then she began having a relationship with him it's been I'm thinking 9 months since they meet till the time I finally caught her and now we are divorcing is there anything that can be done.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
He is in the Army
9/9/2017
Military Lawyer: NYCLAWYER, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER, Lawyer
what outcome are you seeking?
what can I answer for you?
What kind of trouble can he get into
On the civil side, you can pursue divorce. On his side, he could be reprimanded for violating policy. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer