P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I would like to ask a question regarding LOD "Navy". I have

Customer Question

Hi,I would like to ask a question regarding LOD "Navy". I have consulted with P. Simmons and I am willing to have him this time as well. thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Phil Simmons here...how can I help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you sir. I would like to have a very quick and concise phone consultation like before on the same issue but with new questions. Could you please assist me to receive the notification that for an extra 5 dollars to be able to call you?I would like to send you the approval LOD letter then to call in Saturday for a quick consultation like before. Thank you.

Is it related to the question you already paid for? If so, please give a call (I do not require an additional charge if the question is related)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you sir. But being awhile and you were assisted very much. Iam ok let is treat it as a. New inquiry. Please charge an extra 5 dollars as before. I would like to send you the letter today and I will have to call tomorrow because Iam about to leave for my drill and along drive. Thanks.

I recall our conversation well. Tomorrow is fine, just let me know time/time zone and I will be ready

And let me know here when you email (so I can verify I have it)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. Iam in east coast. Please send me your email, I will send you the letter. Then I prepare by tomorrow after my drill.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just sent it over. Thank you.

got it

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Iam ready. Can I call ? If not , could you please tell me what time is best for you ? Thanks.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I forgot to ask this question. Can I add another service connected nerve problem to the current one for the MEB/PEB in order to have better chances to get 30% for the purpose of going to medical retirement rather than just separation ?

You can request this...but they can deny the request. They are not required to "add on" additional issues, if they have already identified an issue that is preventing you from performing your duties.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you inform me request it from who ?Another question please , can an attorney represent me in my case ?

You would make the request to your commanding officer. And you are not entitled to an attorney (the navy will not provide you with one) but you can hire an attorney to assist you with the MEB process

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

*** *** Please reply

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1) if my request to the CO was not successful or didn't receive answer ? What should I do ? Other options ? I will have to go through the chain not directly to CO am I correct ?2) do u think worth it if I hire attorney and will cost about $10-25K. Is that worth it in my case which will be no more than 40% percent disability and 6 years reserve service or 700 retirement point. Or could you tell approximately what will be the monthly medical retirement in this case ?