Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I'm just wondering if there's a fast way to get out. Faster…

Customer Question
I'm just wondering if...

I'm just wondering if there's a fast way to get out. Faster than what's said on here

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Overseas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Nope. I wanted to get some information before I talked to anyone

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Military Law
9/8/2017
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post,however, I will need more information from you in order to try to assist you. What is your rank, Service, and how many years of service do you have and time left on your enlistment? Why are you asking about leaving the Service? In other words, what is the situation leading to this question?

E-2, Army, 1 year, 2 years left, and I'm asking because no matter what I do, I'm always being yelled and cussed at and being the fall guy whenever there's a mistake and I'm constantly being counseled for not letting a SGT and SPC disrespect me how they want to on a daily basis.

Thank you for your reply. I can't advise you to violate the law since I am an officer of the court, so I can't discuss what illegal acts would get you out of the Army. Even if I could, it wouldn't be anything I would suggest since the consequences from leaving the Army with an adverse discharge could effect your employabililty and other benefits.

So, that leaves you with lawful options which, unfortunately, there isn't much unless you are depressed enough to obtain a recommendation from a doctor and/or the Command chaplain for separation based on that.

Otherwise, you need to use your chain of command to resolve the issues related to your SGT and SPC feeling that you are not performing up to their standards. You can try filing for redress with your CO. If the CO doesn't take action, you can file an Article 138 complaint. You can find out more about this process by going to the following link: http://girightshotline.org/en/military-counseling-news-updates/what-your-command-doesn-t-want-you-to-know-about-article-138-complaints

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box on this page of my efforts to provide you with legal information related to your issue, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 9th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.