Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
99092957

My son is three weeks into Navy Basic and has been diagnosed

Customer Question

Hi, My son is three weeks into Navy Basic and has been diagnosed with stress fractures. He is currently in on a medical status. Do you know how the services treat the recovery and will he be allowed to continue Basic? I have received a current letter with this information. I am deployed to Kuwait for six months (just finished month four) and have only been able to receive information from him via letters. Thanks.
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: In Kuwait until the end of October
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: NO, I just got his letter yesterday. My Ex-wife had e-mailed me with some general information about it and his change of address but that is all I know.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO, just basically how the Navy views this medical situation and what choices he has concerning the continuation of his training? He has a projected recovery of 8-10 weeks. How much recovery time will the Navy allow before it is too long. He is a special ops associated career field of Navy Diver, will this give him a better chance to stay in? I am just totally clueless about how the Navy will look at this and what items they look at, thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 1 month ago.
They will give him time to recover. Once he does he will be put into a new platoon and continue training so a new group. It should not effect his career status. He is in group with other injured candidates. They will definitely allow him time to fully heal. It will only delay his graduation date.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks :)

you are welcome

please rate my advice.

while I do not do this for the ratings, my compensation is tied to the rating system.

thank you.