P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

My husband's grandson refuses to pay him back for a car

Customer Question

My husband's grandson refuses to pay him back for a car loan. He is a soldier at Ft Carson CO. We live in Tennessee. The car was totaled in Oklahoma with liability insurance. How do we recoup the money from this soldier?
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: Didn't know what correct steps to take first
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have grandsons SS# ***** car title in my husband's names. The loan was in my husband's name also
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

sorry...recoup what money? The money owed on the loan? If so, how much is owed on the loan?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
About $8000

THank you

You can sue him...if he owes you $8K, you can use the civil courts system to recover the money

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.