Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My husband's grandson refuses to pay him back for a car

Customer Question
My husband's grandson refuses...

My husband's grandson refuses to pay him back for a car loan. He is a soldier at Ft Carson CO. We live in Tennessee. The car was totaled in Oklahoma with liability insurance. How do we recoup the money from this soldier?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Didn't know what correct steps to take first

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have grandsons SS# ***** car title in my husband's names. The loan was in my husband's name also

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
9/6/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

sorry...recoup what money? The money owed on the loan? If so, how much is owed on the loan?

About $8000

THank you

You can sue him...if he owes you $8K, you can use the civil courts system to recover the money

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer