P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I have an re3p code from the marines, can i join the

i have an re3p code from the marines, can i join the national guard
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside, i received the discharge while at boot camp
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: no i haven't contacted the local recruiter for the national guard
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what i was discharged for i do not have, and when i tried contacting the navy board of records corrections they had nothing on me.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

You would need a waiver...The largest problem you face is the poor economy. The poor economy has caused a flock of people turning to the military for jobs. Despite the war recruiting is way up in all branches. The need for the services to grant waivers has decreased. For example the Marines recently decreased their maximum age for enlistment. Its tough today to get a waiver.

You may want to wait for the economy to improve...or for the wars to intensify, either of which could result in more waivers being offered

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay that's what I figured. Do you think it's even worth making an attempt to talk to a recruiter at this time?

Sorry for the delay. I would wait...wait 6 months to see if the presidents budget passes. It has an increase in defense spending, that would likely lead to more billet spaces...thus more waivers.