Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My finace' is retired from the army. He was in an automobile…

Customer Question
My finace' is retired...

My finace' is retired from the army. He was in an automobile accident. Just got out of military hospital. His friend is wanting to take him to Nigeria, where he is deployed.Can he do that.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He had a head injury from car accident where he lost his only sister and cannot remember accident and was internal bleed. they are leaving tomorrow.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Military Law
8/21/2017
Military Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 9 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

Before I answer your question, I have to ask:

1) HOW did you meet your fiance? Online?

2) Have you ever met him in person?

3) Has he asked for money?

We need to rule out that this is a scam, first.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer