How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Bradley Your Own Question
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 1059
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Michael Bradley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have some questions I am hoping you have the answer to, or

Customer Question

Hi there! I have some questions I am hoping you have the answer to, or could help with. My husband recently got a DUI he is a private in the army, with a history of misconduct. Once he got his DUI his commander and 1st sgt have restricted him to post and revoked his driving privileges. He is not under UCMJ. He has not received an article 15 and it's been about 50 days. They have told him that he will not be able to leave post until he is out of the army. Is this okay for them to do this?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.
As he is a member of the military at this point until sometime when he is not a member, yes his superiors can restrict him to the base. They may be simply waiting to see what happens with the DUI charge before they process the Article 15. I am guessing they're waiting to see what happens with the DUI before acting. However, a short answer to your question is yes he can be restricted to base for the duration that he is still a member of the army.