Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I have a question. I was married for 21 years to a Navy

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question. I was married for 21 years to a Navy reitree with 20 years of service. He joined the military in 1979 and we were married in 1986. He died in a car accident in 2007 and I remarried in 2012. I am going through a divorce now and I would like to know if I can re-apply for commissiary, MWR and PX benefits?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

In Hawaii

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/5/2017
Military Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately, once you remarried, the military rules provide that the remarriage causes you to forfeit any future right to non-monetary benefits.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer