Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Do SARMs show up on military drug tests or steroid tests?

Customer Question
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Military Law
8/4/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

SOrry....what is a SARM??

Selective Androgen Receptor Modules

Thank you

Military drug tests would not detect these substances.

They would need to be sent to a specialized laboratory to test urine for such substances.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Do you know if the military steroids test includes SARMs?

If they are controlled (meaning they are listed on the federal controlled substances list? Then yes...the various labs that DoD contracts with to perform anabolic steroid testing will test for them.

IF they are not controlled (not on the federal controlled substance list)? Then they are not tested for

So it will depend on if they are scheduled (on the controlled substance list).

The DOD controlled substance list is written in scientific terms, if I provided you the names of the SARMS is there anyway you can tell me if theyre on the list?

If you can tell me the specific substance(s)? Then yes

SR9009 (Stenabolic), S4 (Andarine), GW501516 (Endurobol)

You can see the scheduled list here (it also contains "street names")

None of the substances you are describing are on that list