P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am trying to find SOP's to appeal the LOD report regarding

Customer Question

hello! I am trying to find SOP's to appeal the LOD report regarding my husbands death
JA: Have you talked to a JAG attorney about this? Or anyone in the chain of command?
Customer: oh yes. Brigade legal and JAG have been as helpful as they can be, but the entire situation is really in depth. the determination was based on what we believe to be incorrect reports from the civ ME office
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: JAG has suggested I find a civ atty that is experienced in appeals, which is fine but I can't find one stateside
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes it seems to also revolve around the condition of his remains when he was released from the ME office
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for your loss. But do not understand what you mean by "appeal LOD"?

That is not possible (there is no way to "appeal" an LOD). What is it you want to accomplish...why are you requesting to change this document?

Are you still looking for an answer to this question?