Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I was divorced from my husband. I was told that I was

Customer Question
I was divorced from...

I was divorced from my husband . I was told that I was qualified for his veterans benefits. Married for ten years. we had children together and we helped each other.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

State side

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Well I did talk to people at the veterans office before I sent in an application. On 06/12/2017 a Bridget said sent for consideration; on 06/14/2017 spoke to a Deborah , claim status , I would recewived 1257.95 +267.12 a month . On 06/19/2017 the first month of benefits sent will be completed on 11/25/2017. the phone number i called was(###) ###-#### My ex-husband is not deceased. He died on 10302016.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We were divorce but we were always close because of our children.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Military Law
8/3/2017
Military Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. What specific questions did you have for me today?

I was told that I could apply for veterans benefits after my exhusband died. The benefits would be coming to me. I spoke to the VA reps on May 30, 2017 , and on 06/12/2017, 06/14/2017, 06/19/2017. I spoke to a Bridget, a Deborah and a Ms Wimpo that told me my claim would be completed on 11/25/2017. Because I was going through some hardships situations, I was informed that I could get it sooner. The all of a sudden Veterans now says I am not going to get anything. Nothing changed that I told them.
I do not have any more money so please do not charge me any more I cannot afford this. I am Handicaped and on a very strick income.

I understand. I'm not quite sure I would be able to help you regarding this. My apologies. Let me opt out and perhaps another expert can assist.

I do not have any more money!
Pleasedo not charge my account. I thought someone could assist me. I am going to retract my payment
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 6 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer